Fifty years after finishing from Campbell High School and following different paths, a number of friends chose it was time for a reunion.
Their strategy was so popular that their little reunion is going to become a much larger celebration for those who strolled the halls of the school, which closed in 1980.
On June 17 anybody who went to the defunct school is welcomed to the Campbell High All School Reunion at John D. Morgan Park, situated at 540 W. Rincon Ave.
Donald Russell, class of 1967 and a committee member arranging the reunion, at first prepared a reunion with 2 high school friends through Facebook. They figured it would be time to remember their high school days and meet with those that they haven’t seen in years. Their graduation day was during a June 16 and the strategy was to relive that day in all its glory.
The three people were going to fulfill 50 years in the future Friday, June 16, at 4:30 p.m. on the CHS yard. Russell states that when other alumni got wind of the occasion, they desired to sign up with the reunion.
The number grew, and individuals from other CHS classes wished to join us,” Russell
composed. Russell states a committee was assembled to arrange the reunion, and in January the group leased parts of the park. Previous instructors are likewise motivated to go to.
Campbell High School opened on Sept. 14, 1900, with 35 trainees. The very first school structure lays at Winchester Boulevard and Rincon Avenue.
In 1937 the building started at the crossway of Winchester Boulevard and Campbell Avenue. In the 1960s extra high schools were developed within the Campbell Union High School District.
Campbell High School was closed in 1980 due to decreasing registrations. The school website is now house to the Campbell Community.