Pasadena City College revealed a brand-new program that will permit regional trainees to go to the college tuition-free for one year. The program covers all high schools within the college district’s borders, consisting of all Pasadena Unified’s high schools and personal high schools.


The only requirement for trainees is that they graduate from among those high schools and register in PCC for the fall term right away following graduation. If they register at PCC the very first term after finishing service, regional trainees who go into military service instantly following high school will be qualified.


To keep their eligibility while registered at PCC, trainees need to preserve a 2.0 score average and register in 9 systems per term. While the program currently funds tuition for just 2 terms, board President Ross Selvidge stated the board is taking a look at expenses like transport and books to be covered in the future.


The program, called “PCC Promise,” started with an event at the college’s swimming pool. President Rajen Vurdien stated that the point they wished to make is that it is their intent to make this education available to every trainee who attends Pasadena City College. They don’t want trainees to miss out on school because they lack the cash to spend on tuition.


Previous PCC President and California Community Colleges Chancellor Jack Scott, who leads the Pasadena City College Foundation’s effort to engage with the neighborhoods, stated that the program is specifically essential for the kinds of trainees that PCC serves.


They are saying that it doesn’t matter whatever the high school record may have been, they welcome people.


Southern California has some terrific four-year organizations, Scott stated. However one needs to remain in the leading 10 or 15 percent in order to get into those organizations. The people at Pasadena City College do not agree with the idea that the other 85% should fall behind.